Filipino Heritage Month - Call for Designers
The City of Toronto has declared June as Filipino Heritage Month; 2018 will be the first year of official celebration. This month will be an extended opportunity to recognize and celebrate the many achievements and contributions of Filipino Canadians to Toronto, as well as the rich diversity of the Filipino Canadian culture.
To commemorate this milestone, the Filipino Heritage Month Working Group (FHM-WG) are inviting young people to design a logo celebrating the contributions of Filipinos during this historic year.
Eligibility and Compensation
• Call for Designers is open to residents of Ontario, 30 years old and under, of Filipino descent and an amateur designer.
• Immediate family members of FHMWG, Judging Panel or Designer Mentors are not eligible to enter.
• Designers can submit individual entries or group/team entries.
• The selected contestant/s/team will receive $1,000.00 for the final design, and $100 for up to 4 designers/s/team finalist that are selected by the judging panel.
• The winning designer/s/team winner will be featured on the cover of Kubo Magazine - June 2018 Issue, along with other possible media partner(s).
• The winning designer/s/team will have his/her/their picture and names featured in all press packages announcing the selection of the logo design.
• The winning design will become the FHMWG’s unified brand for Filipino Heritage Month 2018.
Rules and Regulations
• All artwork must be original.
• All entries can be larger than, but must be no smaller than, three inches by three inches (3” x 3”) and must be submitted electronically in .pdf or .jpeg format and upload it to:
• Call for Designers launches on March 29, 2018 and all entries must be received by the deadline of 11:59pm of April 28, 2018.
• Up to 5 entries will be selected by the judging panel to proceed to stage 2 of the process.
• Stage 2 entries will proceed to work with “designated designer mentors” to further refine their designs for final submission to the judging panel.
• All entries will be evaluated based on the guideline criteria, visual aesthetics, and creativity.
• Results will be announced the week of May 1st, 2018.
• All entries must include a registration/release form upon submission.
• The FHM-WG do not assume responsibility for logo entries. All submissions become the property of FHMWG and will not be returned.
Deadline of 11:59pm of April 28, 2018.
A committee comprised of designer mentors, FHM-WG supporters and community leaders will assess and decide on a winner. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above. Their decision will be final.